Before you even employ the services of arborist in Sydney, there is a certain amount of research and homework which you need to do, to ensure that you are not being cheated by them.
Few things before hiring arborists in Sydney
- It is not necessary for you to prune your trees every 3 or 5 years. However, it is necessary in case there is dead wood and extremely necessary when the branches which are dead have a diameter of more than 2 inches
- There are fungi, or there are mushrooms which are growing on the tree. That means that the tree is in trouble. If the tree branches are dying from the tip especially when this is on the top, then the tree is on the decline. Another way to know that your tree is in trouble is when the tree goes into the ground straight and does not flare up at the bottom.
- The estimate that is given by the tree doctor in Sydney does not necessarily mean that they are overcharging you. This is because a crew of around three people will have more than $200,000 equipment on the property. It is due to these expenses as well as the amount which is paid to the arborist that you are charged such a huge amount.
- You should check the worker’s compensation as well as liability insurance because the arborists may say that they do have insurance as well as workers compensation, but they actually don’t. In such cases, if there are accidents, you would be liable. Therefore it is necessary for you to see a certified copy and even double check with the company. That way, in case there is something which goes amiss, you will not be held responsible.
- You should call the arborist and schedule work when it is the off-season. This helps you to get a better deal and a better discount. Usually, during Christmas and Thanksgiving, there is slack time, and therefore you would get better discounts and deals. However, prices will be higher in spring.
- You should also check with the arborists in Sydney if they are certified because they need to be certified in order to carry out the tasks.
- There are trees which are advertised in Sydney as they grow fast and these are the kind which has weak wood. These are more prone to termites, and the branches break off easily especially when there are storms. This is the reason why you should stay away from such trees.
- You should only hire an arborist who uses the right equipment. If the arborist wants to use any kind of climbing spikes and does not use specific equipment for climbing the tree, that means he is actually harming the tree.
- When you have a healthy looking tree and you are told by the arborist that you need to cut the tree down, you should get a second opinion.
These are some of the things you need to be aware of and check before hiring arborists in Sydney.